Website Neighborhood Health Services Corporation
Neighborhood Health Services Corporation
The Nurse Practitioner is a Masters prepared Clinician who is responsible for the clinical care of patients in the department to which he/she is assigned. The assignment of clinical department is dependent on specific training of the Nurse Practitioner and will be determined by the clinical department chief.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Diagnosis and treatment plans. Accurate chart documentation. Preventive medicine schedules. Flow sheet completion.
- Attend and participate in conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars related to clinical matters.
- Provide comprehensive healthcare to patients through assessment, diagnosis, management and evaluation of care, inclusive of the Collaborative Practice Agreement.
- Consult with other members of the healthcare team to coordinate care and/or make referrals to other members of the healthcare team.
- Provide professional program direction for the entire staff in collaboration with the Clinical Chief, Chief Medical Officer, Nurse Manager including but not limited to staff meetings and in service education.
- Assist in the development of clinical programs, treatment protocols and departmental policies and the implementation for such in order to enhance standardized methods of performing medical and nursing procedures.
- Participate in general orientation of all newly employed staff.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable HIPAA, JCAHO, OSHA, Local, State and Federal initiatives and requirements.
- Must satisfactorily maintain all terms and conditions of the Nurse Practitioner Collaborative Agreement as required by the State of New Jersey.
Education: Masters prepared graduate from an accredited College or University
License, Certificate, Registration: RN License in State of NJ, APN License in State of NJ, Valid certification from nationwide certifying board. BLS w/CPR Certification from American Heart Association. Must have prescriptive authority. (Must have all of the following: CDS/DEA/NPI/CPR)
Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years Nursing experience with 2 years in ambulatory care and/or previous Head Nurse experience.
Special Skills or Knowledge: Ability to make sound decisions and to establish and maintain effective working relationship with staff associates and the general public.
The Nurse Practitioner may be required to perform other job related duties as assigned by NHSC. As with all Neighborhood Health Service Corporation positions, employees may be required to work at any and all of the organization’s work sites.
The Neighborhood Health Services Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). Learn more about the mission, vision, values and history of the organization at http://www.phcmednet.org/.
You have requested that candidates answer the following questions:
- How many years of Family Nurse Practitioner experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Board Certified Nurse Practitioner?
- Do you speak Spanish (desired)?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- What is the highest level of nursing degree you hold?
Submit resume and responses to questions to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org